Student welfare

If you have concerns regarding your child, the first person to speak to is your child’s teacher.


If your child requires speech therapy assistance or counselling then please discuss this with his/her classroom teacher. Likewise, your child’s teacher will speak with you if he or she has a concern about your child’s academic progress.


If a concern is identified this is referred to the Assistant Principals or the Principal and an action plan is then developed. The Department of Education and Training provides Westgarth Primary School with some limited Speech Pathologist and Psychologist services which are organised on a needs basis.